Friday, March 12, 2010

Getting Better

All is slowly returning to normal. Although there were a few nerve racking days last week, everything turned out to be better than expected.

Donna & I took a class on the use of Copic markers this past weekend. I personally love them, Donna not so much. The ability to layer on good strong colour appeals to us both, but Donna doesn't feel they give her enough control to keep within the lines.



I am truly amazed at how important paper is however. In the picture of the monkey and the cupcake you can see how much the ink feathered outside the lines of the image. Our instructor suggested that I stay a little farther away from the edges of the image to help solve this problem. The cute little bear was on different paper and I didn't have any problems with feathering. Our instructor, used digital images for our class, he little bear is from Squigglefly and the cupcake and monkey image is from Paper Romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment