Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

A customer came into the store last week to exchange some duplicate stamps. She also had stamps that she had purchased at another store. This stamp from Hampton Arts spoke to me, so I bought it from her.

I stamped the image with Distress Ink Fired Brick, Memories Artprint Brown and Distress Ink Vintage Photo. I then stamped a set of matching butterflies from the stamp and enameled the butterflies. I didn't know until recently Distress Inks could be embossed. I popped the coordinating butterfly over the butterfly in the image. I ran the brown layering cardstock through the Sizzix Floral Flourish embossing folder. I am still amazed at how deep these folders emboss. On the first image, I chose to put the raised embossed layer face down and on the second card, face up. I didn't get the Fired Brick image finished. I just didn't have the right layering paper out and decided to finish it another day.

The first card is for my Mom, whom I will never be able to thank enough for all she has done for me. Happy Mother's Day Mom.



Distress Ink Vintage Photo




Memories Artprint Brown



Distress Ink Fired Brick

No comments:

Post a Comment