Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I struggle with ribbon. Yes I admit it. I love the look but usually get so frustrated because it never looks the way I envision it in my mind. I saw this card on another blog and thought wow, I can do this with what I have. The stamp is Rosewood Winter Cardinal stamped in Memento and coloured with Copics. The mint green cardstock went through a Sizzix folder. I distressed the stamped image with Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo. (side note: I have discovered that I prefer the foam pads to the felt pads for distressing and although the make-up sponges are readily available and inexpensive, they don't work as well as I would like.) I used Nestibility Label 8 to cut the the image and the layering mat. A piece of ribbon and I am done.


I screwed up cutting the stamped image on the next card but it still works. I did discover that I had to shift the stamped image to the edge of the card instead of the embossed layering mat. I'm not thrilled with the bow on this card but still pretty. One slight difference with this card. I used Core'dinations paper for the embossed layer. After running the paper through the Sizzix folder I used an emery board to scrub off some of the top layer of paper. So pretty.




No comments:

Post a Comment