Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Donna

Donna's birthday was last week. We had cake and flowers and of course cards. I made this card to celebrate her special day.





The flower stamp is from Inkadinkdoo that I stamped with Memento Black and coloured with 2 Tria Markers. I added the shadow behind the flowers with Copic Cool Shadow. The sentiment is from a clear Hero Arts set. I'm not sure if you can really see it (I hate scans for poor photos!) but the brown is a new paper to our store. It comes in a variety of colours and adds a beautiful shimmer to any card. Coincidently it is called Shimmer paper. Call us if you are interested. The layers were cut with Label 17, I think.



I didn't get a photo of the inside but I stamped a Whipper Snapper Chicken holding presents that I coloured with my beautiful markers. The base card was stamped repeatedly with Vintage photo and a gift box stamp from Rosewood. I created a pop-card with the chicken stamp that a scan would not have done justice. I was trying for a bit of humour. The outside of the card looked so prim and proper but the inside was meant to be fun. Not at all like Donna herself, she is all fun all the time. One of the kindest people I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment