Saturday, August 21, 2010

Friend card

I needed to make a "thinking of you" card when my weekly email from Splitcoaststampers arrived. Near the bottom of the email were instructions for a card I thought looked really interesting. Check out the instructions here.
This is one of those cards that looks complicated but when broken down is really easy. I knew I wanted paper that reminded me of sunflowers for this card.



Although it is difficult to tell the stamped sentiment is actually a flap that tucks under the lady bug embellishment. The sentiment is from Obsession Impression and for whatever reason I had a bugger of a time stamping a nice clear image. I think my clear block may have been a bit big.

Below is the inside of the card showing the flap open, stamped with an old Hero Arts sentiment.



However once I had the card all nicely assembled I realized that I need to mail this particular card. I wasn't sure the lady bug bling would fit the required whatever from Canada Post. Luckily I had decided to make 2 of these cards right from the start. Normally I am not that organized but I was that day. I used a beautiful butterfly sticker and added a dragonfly brad to act as the anchor for the flap. I also decided to distress the edges a bit on the outside. Looks like I had better practice that technique a bit more :). I like the look of this card and this one would definitely pass Canada Post's requirements. I think I may have found the design basis for this year's Christmas cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment