Monday, August 30, 2010

My DH and I were invited to an anniversary party this weekend, so I decided to make cards based on this design. I started with the card but instead of using designer paper I got out my Big Shotz and a Sizzix embossing folder. I think I may have cut the base card the wrong dimension since it ended up being a 6" square card instead of the A2 I made last time but it worked out great and I really liked the card. The sentiment on the outside is from a Hero Arts clear set and the interior sentiment "Congratulations" is a old wood mount Hero Arts set. A rather elegant card, if I do say so myself but somehow it just wasn't the card for Tom & Jen.


So I started again with a Penny Black animal stamp. Tom & Jen are such a fun couple. He has an incredible sense of humour and Jen is just so sweet. Elegant just didn't quite suit them. These cute little ducks look to me a like a fun loving couple. I coloured them with copics and once again realized how important the right paper is. I ended up stamping the ducks again and using Bic Mark-its instead of getting the right paper. The embellishment isn't on this card yet. The attachment it isn't necessary but I really like how it anchors the flap.


I absolutely love this card design. It is a great way to use up bits of designer paper or add texture with embossing folders. I can also see how diecut shapes could be added on the left panel f0r dramatic effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment