Monday, November 8, 2010

Card Class

Nikki & I along with Donna & Lauralee took a class at another local store. The class was advertised as a Tim Holtz inspired scrapbook page. We admittedly are not scrapbookers but took the class to learn more about the Tim Holtz products this class was offering. Not only did we get the chance to play with Tim Holtz products but Tattered Angels stuff as well. These products although produced by different companies co-ordinate so well.
This first card was made by Nikki. She used a Tattered Angel stamp to produce the mariner's compass, then she used a co-ordinating stencil and Glimmer Mist to highlight the stamp. Our instructor provided the Eiffel tower stamp and I can't remember the company it came from. Nikki used the glimmer mist to colour her flowers which she attached with brads. A few gems around the compass complete the card.

This is the card I created using many of the same products and techniques. I added the Tim Holtz birdcage, a Nestibility Large Label and an unknown sentiment. (I really should make better notes.)

Nikki's second card made full use of the embellishments we were given. All layered over an office supply store tag that she had stamped, sprayed and distressed.


My second cards also features the same tag. As you may have notice I really liked the Tattered Angel music background stamp. A simple card but in reality it took a fair bit of time to complete.


I really enjoyed the time to try these products. I learned a lot, especially about adding colour to my projects. Is this something I would do often? Probably not. The scrapbook page our instructor had made as a reference was beautiful but for my taste very busy when you consider all of the elements we used on our 2 cards were used on one 12x12 scrapbook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment